What is a Relocation Specialist?
A pro who does way more than help you more! When a new out-of-town job opportunity arises for someone, a relocation specialist helps make that move as painless as possible.
The goal of this specialist is to “manage all the details involved in relocating, so the person moving can stay focused on their job, while ensuring the relocation experience is a positive one for him or her and their family,” says Bill Nemer, president of Relocation Services at Graebel Companies.
Relocation specialists can help at every stage of a move, from selling your home to finding you a new home to moving and settling you in.
HOW IT WORKS:
Contacting a relocation specialist at the beginning of any moving process is key. “The longer they have to plan, the less stressful it’s going to be,” says William Mulholland of ARC Relocation.
Throughout the whole process, a relocation specialist acts as a sounding board for the mover, Mulholland explains. After an initial on-boarding call, the specialist will determine what professionals are needed to make the relocation painless and problem-free.
SERVICES PROVIDED BY RELOCATION SPECIALIST
Everyone who goes through relocation will have different needs depending on their family size, where they’re moving, how much stuff they have, and what their budget is. However, most specialists can help you with the following services:
- Selling your current home: A relocation specialist will have a referral for a real estate agent to sell your home, even if you’ve already left the area.
- Finding a moving company: Relocation companies refer a lot of clients to movers, so they can often get you a better deal than you’d find on your own.
- Packing your things: Have any items that require special care in moving? Need someone to pack and ship your things to you? Relocation specialists can find you the right help.
- Visas and immigration compliance: If your move is international, a relocation specialist can help you make sure you’re legal for entry and to work in your new home country.
- Finding a new home: Whether you’re buying or renting, a specialist will put you in contact with a vetted real estate agent who is an expert in your area. “To get our referrals, agents need to be licensed for at least five years and have done relocation training and certification,” says Mulholland.
- Navigating closing on a house: Even if you’ve bought a home before, the closing process can be radically different in different parts of the country. Some states use a lawyer to close while others don’t. Earnest money amounts can vary from a few hundred dollars to 10% of the purchase price. Your relocation specialist is there to field questions about the process.
- Finding the right school or child care provider: Generally, finding the right school district goes hand-in-hand with finding you a new home, but if you have a child with specific or special needs, “we’ll find a local partner that can help place children in schools,” says Mulholland.
- Shipping pets, especially internationally: Getting pets across borders can be complicated. Your specialist can find someone who will make sure Fido and Grumpy are well taken care of on their journey.
- Shipping automobiles: They can help coordinate the process whether it’s cross-country or across the world
- Tours and orientation: Along with your real estate agent, a relocation specialist can arrange for you to take a tour of your new home or give you the lowdown on all the fun stuff to do in the area.
- Finding local service providers: Whenever you move, you have to find new doctors, dentists, tax professionals, legal professionals, babysitters, and just about everything else. A relocation specialist will have vetted referrals for all these people and be able to connect you.
As a Military Relocation Professional and a member of the Veterans Association Real Estate Professionals, I take pride in knowing my military community clients will be well taken care of with all their real estate needs. I understand the hardship and stress that comes with moving and relocating. With three kids of my own, I know those little angels can add stress to the move. I’ve been exactly where you are now; that’s why I am dedicated in providing the very best real estate services to all my clients by going above and beyond all expectations! So whether you’re looking for your first home, your dream home or something in between, allow me to help ensure an enjoyable, stress-free experience for you.
To request me as your Relocation Specialist,
contact me at 931.572.8499 or by email at email@example.com.